Beauty + Utility
I personally feel that what Jones is trying to say is that when using a natural inspiration for a design to make more of a representation of the object, rather than making a type of replica. Nature and the like isn't there to be imitated, its there to be made into more of an abstracted representation.
http://www.newhouseofart.com/lounge-chair-furniture-design-trends-by-solovyov-design-studio/ofo-lounge-chair-modern-design/
This chair design was designed by Solovyov.
I believe that this chair design is construction decorated due to the fact that they have taken the basic construction of a chair and decorated it to this new design. I personally do not like this design at all. The aesthetics used to bring this design together isn't very appealing to the eye whatsoever. The idea behind this design is a very good one, I may say. But upon looking at it, it's not very good design in my opinion. My idea of a chair is something that is comfortable and easy to sit upon. This doesn't show either.
For storage it works well, and quite innovative but I feel that it is not aesthetically appealing to the eye.

No comments:
Post a Comment